This page explains how to add photo galleries to a Page or Post on your WordPress site.
- First make sure you are logged in to your site, then start to edit the Post or Page you wish to add an image gallery to.
- Click the 'Upload/Insert' link above the editing area.
- If you want to upload new images, choose 'Select Files' from the 1st tab ('From Computer'). Your images will be uploaded.
- Now click the 4th tab 'Media Library' and you will see all the photos you have available. Tick the box beside the ones you want to use in your gallery then click 'Attach all checked items to current post' (at the bottom)
- Close the current dialogue box by clicking its X at top right. You will return to editing your post/page. Now scroll down to the area labelled 'File Gallery'
- You will see thumbnails of the images you have chosen. Make sure your settings are the same as the ones in the diagram (below) then click 'insert a gallery'.
- Click the Update button (as usual - top right of this page).
- If you want to return to edit the gallery, you need to simply delete the existing gallery area from your article, set up your new images and re-click the 'insert a gallery' button.